Drupal is an amazing open-source application that can be used to create all sorts of websites – starting from a personal portfolio page, to complex, corporate websites with millions of visits a day. In this tutorial, we will create a new, fictional website of a small company. During the process, you will see how to work with most of the Drupal’s major parts and how to make the most commonly used types of pages.
After you follow the steps in this tutorial, you will be able to create a website with Drupal that has a great looking homepage, About Us page, Blog and a Contact Us page to get feedback from your visitors.
How to Create a Website with Drupal
- Step 1: Setup Drupal and add basic modules – before we start with the site creation, we need to add some basic modules and make sure our application is installed correctly
- Step 2: Select your site layout and choose a theme – we will outline the different layouts that our sample site needs and choose the best theme based on that
- Step 3: Configure your homepage – first things first, learn how to setup your home page to work and feel the way you want to.
- Step 4: Add your “About Us” and “Services” pages – time to add some static pages to the site and add the necessary content in them
- Step 5: Add a Blog to your site – nowadays a blog is a must for every company. Learn how to add one to your Drupal website
- Step 6: Add a “Contact Us” page to your site – here, we will setup a feedback form that our visitors can use to get in touch with us
- Step 7: Configure your Main Menu – setup your site navigation and link to different page types
- Step 8: Link your Social Networks – learn how to add your social network profiles to your site