PHP is the most popular scripting language for web development. It is free, open source and server-side (the code is executed on the server). MySQL is a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) that uses Structured Query Language (SQL). It is also free and open source. The combination of PHP and MySQL gives unmet options to create just about any kind of website – from small contact form to large corporate portal.
This PHP/MySQL tutorial is part of the rich collection of web hosting tutorials which FastWebHost experts have prepared for you. Find out how to start your website, how to promote it, how to deal with cPanel, webmail and FTP.
PHP/MySQL Tutorial includes:
- What is PHP : A short introduction on what is PHP
- What is MySQL : What is MySQL and what are its benefits
- Creating MySQL database and user : Creating MySQL database and user – useful information for installing a PHP/MySQL script on your website
- Removing MySQL database and user : Instructions how to remove existing MySQL database and user from your hosting account.
- MySQL Backup/Restore : Learn how to create MySQL database backups and how to restore a database from an existing backup using phpMyAdmin
- The following sections describe how to perform various MySQL operations:
- MySQL Access Host : Learn how to allow access for remote servers to your MySQL databases.
- MySQL GUI tools:In the following sections you will find instructions how to perform various operations using MySQL GUI tools
- Execute database queries
- Zend Optimizer : In this section of the tutorial you will find more information what is Zend Optimizer and how to check whether Zend Optimizer is properly running for your account
- Pear modules : Learn how to install Pear modules