What is Textpattern
Textpattern is a lightweight CMS. It is mostly popular due to its low system requirements and possibility to modify it in any way you like. Certain web site design knowledge is required in order to build successful web sites with Texpattern. Mostly you need to be familiar with CSS, PHP basics and HTML code. In this tutorial we will show how you can perform a Textpattern installation and further manage your web site as well as install additional plugins and custom designed templates.
- Visitors and referrers logs
- Conversion of plain text to XHTML using textile
- Possibility to setup privileges hierarchy for users
- Browser-based template and CSS editing
- Browser-based plugin installation and maintenance
- Built-in search engine
- Password protection for articles or site sections
Our tutorial covers the following topics:
- Textpattern Installation Checkout TextPattern requirements and how to easily perfrom a new TextPattern installation
- Texpattern backup and restore Learh how to create backup of your TextPattern installation and how to restore it from an existing backup.
- Installation of Custom Plugins Here you will find detailed instructions how to add custom plugins to your TextPattern installation.
- Textpattern template installation Here you will find step by step instructions how to install custom templates for TextPattern.
- Upgrade to latest version Step by step instructions how to upgrade TextPattern to its latest version.