MediaWiki is a free application, registered under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It is used to run Wikipedia, the world’s largest online encyclopedia, as well as many other wikis. MediaWiki provides a rich set of features. It is the most popular wiki software and there are lots of extra resources available for it.
To use MediaWiki you should first of all install it on your wiki hosting account. With FastWebHost hosting you can use all MediaWiki features.
MediaWiki tutorial includes the following sections:
- How to install MediaWiki on your account : Learn how to request free MediaWiki installation, how to automatically install it via the Softaculous tool provided by FastWebHost or how to easily setup a manual MediaWiki installation
- How to change the MediaWiki skin/template : Learn how to alter the logo of a MediaWiki installation and how to change the skin for MediaWiki
- How to change a page name : Here you will find instructions how to alter the name of an existing page in MediaWiki
- How to add links : Learn how to add links to Mediawiki posts, how to set target URL and label for it in the post
- How to create sections and categories : In this part of the tutorial you can learn how to create new sections and add categories to your MediaWiki.
- How to edit posts in MediaWiki : Simple explanation how to edit posts in MediaWiki
- MediaWiki extensions : Learn how to install extensions such as forum, images upload functionality in MediaWiki.